Venice will be a total surprise to you, because the backdrop of this tour will not be the famous Piazza San Marco and crowded streets, but a labyrinth of intricate alleys which will lead you to the most authentic and hidden sides of the Cannaregio district.
Under the lead of a local culinary guide, you will start the tour with a visit to one of the best ice cream makers in Venice.
Then you will be taken to sample the famous Cicchetti, typical bite size snacks, accompanied by a small glass of local Veneto house wine, called Ombra. You will be able to choose among meat, fish or vegetable cicchetti, as you please.
Then you will be taken through the back streets of Cannaregio over to another typical Bacaro and, in between a taste and the other, you will enjoy the cheerful and relaxed atmosphere of this side of Venice.
According to how hungry you still are, you will make another stop and then conclude the evening in a very relaxed and cozy Wine Bar near the area of Rialto.
What you will do
- Eat your way around Venice with a local food guide, learning about the culture an food of this city
- Enjoy many different samples of Venice food in the local osteria and bars
- Drink typical Veneto wines
- Walk through the old Jewish Ghetto and the back street of Venice
- Get to pick your food with the help of a local food guide, to fully customize your tour to suit your taste buds
- As you walk, you will see some of the most beautiful sites of Venice, even though these are merely the backdrop to a culinary feast.
What is included
- This walking Food Cicchetti tour is an afternoon tour, last 3 hours, starts near Piazzale Roma and ends near Rialto Bridge. Along the way there are 3-4 stops to sample typical Venetian food and Veneto wines.
- The tour is for a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 8.
- It is not a private tour.
- Single participant can take part if the minimum number of participants has already been reached.
- The tour is bookable on request and it is subject to availability.
- The cost is euro 35.00 per person plus the cost of food and drinks in each Osteria where you will stop.
- No need to make dinner reservation after the tour, you will eat plenty!
Your Host: Monica Cesarato
Ventian Chef & Tour Guide
Good Wine Apartments
Monica Cesarato is a food and travel blogger, a culinary guide and a cooking instructor from Venice. As well as writing regularly for a variety of online magazine, she organizes Cicchetti Food Tours and cooking lessons as Cook In Venice.
Her articles have been published in La Gazzetta Italiana, The Local, A Taste of Venice, Trivago UK, as well as many travel and food blogs and she recently appeared in the Venice episode of Alex Polizzi’s Secret Italy.
Cook In Venice’s cooking lessons and tours are featured in the Lonely Planet.
Monica is currently writing a book about Cicchetti with the historic cook of Osteria La Vedova, one of the oldest bàcaros in Venice.
Book this Venice Tour
How To book (Min. 2 people)
To make your reservation first send us an email to check for availability on the required dates by using the form below.
Once the availability is confirmed you will be sent information on how to pay your deposit of euro 35.00 per booking, not per person.
The remaining balance is due in cash on the day of the tour.
The deposit is non refundable in case of no-show or cancellation less than 24 hours before the tour is due.